There are many different ways you can use the various services provided by us, including being able to communicate with other people. When you share any information with us, for example by downloading an application or activating certain features, we can use this information to provide better services to our current and future users. This ranges from deciding what languages to make available in our products and services to more complex things like what functionality people will find most useful.
Your privacy is important to Desap™ and we want you to understand what information we collect from you, what we do with it and how we protect your privacy. It also sets out how you can access and update your information, and what choices you have (for example, about when or how we can contact you).
The information that we may collect includes:
• Information provided by you when you download or activate our products or add-on features, or use our services:
• You may be asked to provide things like your name, location, email address and telephone number.
• Some services may also require your date of birth (for example, to prove you are old enough to use those services, or to protect your security).
• You add other information about yourself, or other people who use your phone or tablet, in order to personalise your settings or personal profile.
• Information provided by you when you communicate with friends or family using our products and services or wish to share content or recommend our services to them. When you do this, we may collect the information you provide about them (for example, their name, address, email, and phone number).
• Information we get from your use of our services, such as:
• the feedback you give us
• the different services or features you use and how you use them
• information about the device(s) you use to access our services (such as the make/model of your phone or tablet, what operating system and version it uses, information
• that uniquely identifies your device, and mobile network information including phone number).
• Internet protocol (IP) address.
• Details of crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language.
• Location information about your actual location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device or sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve our various products and services; to develop new products, services and features; and (unless you choose not to receive this from us) to ensure that you receive relevant, tailored content.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing.
We may use your contact information to inform you about updates and information in relation to us andour products and services (for example, letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements, or other products you can download). We may also use your contact information to inform you about other companies’ products and services. We may contact you electronically (for example, by SMS or text message, email, or via any Desap™ software or applications you have installed) for marketing purposes and updates and upon downloading and/or running Desap™ software you consent to receiving such communications in this manner until such time as you notify us to the contrary. If this occurs you will need to delete the Desap™ software.
We may also provide a copy of your contact information to Consumer Profile Analysis Ltd who you consent to contacting you electronically (for example, by SMS or text message, email) for marketing purposes and you consent to receiving such communications in this manner until such time as you notify them to the contrary which you can do by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Opt-out’ and providing your name, address, telephone number and email address.
We do not otherwise share personal information with external companies, organisations or individuals outside of Desap™ or Technet Apps™ or any group or subsidiary companies except in the following circumstances:
1. If you have given us your consent to share your personal information with companies, organisations or individuals. In respect of sensitive personal data, we would require your opt-in consent before we would share it.
3. We may need to share personal information with external companies, organisations or individuals if we have a bona fide belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to comply with a Court order, applicable law, regulation, legal process or legitimate and enforceable governmental request; enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; protect the rights, property or safety of Desap™ and/or Technet Apps™, their users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners.
We process personal information on our servers in the UK.
We appreciate that different people have different privacy concerns, so we want to be clear about what information we collect and to allow you to make meaningful choices about how it is used.
• You can view and edit your preferences, including what information you receive from us, whether we tell you about other products and services, etc.
• If you choose to use products or applications that advise you about other companies’ services (for example, vouchers or special offers), you can opt out of receiving adverts.
• You can customise your settings to determine how you appear to other individuals you contact.
You have the right to ask us not to use your information to inform you about our products and services and/or other companies’ products and services and you can exercise your right to prevent this at any time by contacting us in writing at the address shown below.
You can also use your phone or tablet’s settings to enable or block various features on our applications. However, it is important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if location services or other features are blocked.
Please remember that our aim is to make it easy for you to decide what you do or don’t want to receive, and our applications are designed to give you the ability to change these settings at the touch of a button without having to leave the application!
Some of our applications and services will allow you to share information with others. These applications will provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
We aim to provide you with access to your personal information when you use our services. If any of the information is wrong, our aim is to give you ways to update it quickly or delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
If you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, you can obtain it. If it transpires that the information held is inaccurate, we will make the necessary amendments and confirm to you that these have been made. To obtain a copy of the personal information held by us, please write to us at the address shown below. Please note that a small non-refundable fee of £10 will be payable.
If you contact us about changing or removing your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We reserve the right to decline requests if they are unreasonably repetitive, require a disproportionate level of technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk other people’s privacy, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. As a result, when information is removed, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
2 Exchange Quay
Our up to date policy can be found on this page.
If we receive any formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow it up.
© Desap Ltd 2014
©2015ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Desap Limited