Every year over 250,000 patients undergo major surgery in England and Wales. These patients are 30% more likely to suffer lung problems, resulting in increased length in hospital stay and reduced life expectancy.
- A range of activities to support patients through every stage of their journey. This includes cardiovascular activity, muscle strengthening, nutritional support and lifestyle advice
- Respiratory bundles to reduce postoperative pulmonary complications (PPC) with the help of the chest training programme ICOUGH
- A record of patient outcomes after surgery
- The benefits of ERAS+:
- Improving health, wealth and wellbeing
- Increasing independence and reducing demand on public services
- Developing community services to keep people out of hospital
- Supporting people to return to work, enabling more families to be economically active.
- The results include:
- A 50% reduction in PPC rates following surgery
- An average reduction in length of stay of 3 days
- Savings of at least £500,000 per year.
If you’re not already following us you can catch us on LinkedIn.
You may also like…
MIA as a concept was invented by Dr Peter Hulme, A&E, MFT, and designed and developed by us…
Major Incident App and CMS
TAA was designed in conjunction with medical professionals off the back of the idea for the Major Incident App…